Is this a diploma mill? No, TheTexas Alternative- Home School is ” Texas state law” compliant. The Texas Alternative – Home School files and is recognized by the state of Texas as a nontraditional, nonprofit, private, secondary education “home” school and files to the federal government as a 501c3. Our graduates are considered “equivalent” as public high school and GED graduates per Texas state law.
- Can I apply for college and Financial Aid? The Texas Alternative- Home School graduates can successfully enroll and apply for FAFSA throughout the state of Texas at colleges and universities without hesitation or discrimination. As you should know, our graduates should not be discriminated for being nontraditional, nonprofit, private, secondary education “home” school graduates and should be considered equivalent to public high school or GED graduates. The Texas Alternative- Home School graduates can successfully enroll and apply for FAFSA at any college or university in the state of Texas as nontraditional, nonprofit, secondary education “home” school graduates. There should be no reason, whatsoever, that our graduates should be discriminated by any college or university by not being allowed to enroll and apply for FAFSA just as any other public high school or GED graduate.
- Is there an age limit to enroll? No, if you still have the desire to learn and improve yourself, we are willing to enroll and work with you.
- Can I enroll if I am from another country? Yes, we transfer and enroll students from different countries from around the world. If they may have credits to transfer, we transfer them if and when possible.
- Does the Military Accept this Diploma? TAHS graduates have the right to enlist in any US military branch, pending the successful completion of 15 college credit hours at any college of their choice. Courses taken must be categorized as “1000” level courses, to qualify as credible hours. Graduates are also required to successfully complete the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test. Available military resources may also be found at March2Success.com.
Is there a Graduation Ceremony? Yes, we have our graduation ceremonies in June and July. Ask your TAHS Director when your graduation is scheduled for this year.
- Is there any scholarships available? Not from TAHS. However, Dr. Clark will consider payment arrangements if needed. His goal is to help students graduate with a high school diploma and official transcript and move on to be successful in life. The goal is to get the student in a positive direction without further hesitation.
- Do I have to have a Social Security Card? No, but please bring a form of ID and your previous transcript if available.
- Does this diploma work for DACA or Dream Act Education Requirements? Since The Texas Alternative Home School is Texas State Law Compliant, our graduates can use our diploma and official transcript just as any public high school graduate.