Texas Homeschooling Requirements
TEXAS STATE LAW REQUIREMENTS REGARDING HOMESCHOOLING
To home school legally in Texas, you must follow three state law requirements:
- The instruction must be bona fide.
[ Our home school programs are facilitated and monitored at our state law-compliant home school settings throughout the state of Texas.]
- The curriculum must be in visual form (i.e.- workbooks, video monitor, etc.)
[TAHS students must complete curriculum (Accelerated Christian Education curriculum) in order to receive full credit.]
- The curriculum must include the five basic subjects of reading, spelling, grammar, mathematics, and good citizenship.
[TAHS students are required to complete and earn all core credits- Math, English, Science, Social Studies, and good citizenship. Upon completion of the program, each student is issued an official high school transcript and a diploma in which includes credits legally transferred from their previous public high schools and the credits earned from TAHS.]
TAHS utilizes several curriculums such as Money Smart for Small Business (MSSB) however often uses ACE (Accelerated Christian Education), who has maintained high Biblical academic standard and remains committed to setting individuals on a path for success. Our goal, as is ACE’s, is to prepare individuals for today’s world, and provide academic and spiritual tools necessary to achieve their God-given potential. Based on these principles, the ACE curriculum assures parents of:
- A solid, mastery-based, back-to-basics education for their student.
- A course of study diagnostically individualized to meet a student’s specific learning needs and capabilities and
A program incorporating Scripture, Godly character building, and wisdom principles.
Please Review — Our Graduates’ Rights & Guidelines